Going All In: Poker Player to Full Time Investor
This week we have a special guest in Michal Wywrot, who started out investing in real estate at the age of 17 while going to school and playing Poker. He used the winnings to graduate university debt free. Mike traveled the world as a professional poker player on the top three world poker tours, having played in LA, Las Vegas, Croatia, and Monte Carlo. Michal and brother Luke’s investing is just as varied and spread out, having investing in new construction condos in Markham, nine student houses in Hamilton, flips and rent to owns in Brampton and Durham regions, an apartment building in Etobicoke, and finally, their current project, developing 30 units in Toronto.
Should you want to learn more about their business or join them in a future development opportunity, go to their website at www.lch.to
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lch.to/
On the podcast, we talk about:
- What Michal does to stay in shape and de-stress
- The boom of online poker, risk analysis, exploiting early advantages
- Reading opposing poker players and skill transfer when screening tenants
- Michal’s investing career starting at age 17 with a new construction condo
- Flipping a house in Etobicoke
- Converting 3 units into six units near Humber College
- Current project: 30 unit new development project and the challenges, including an unexpected $500,000 environmental cleanup
Google Play: http://goo.gl/CAM5Mn
On iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/truth-about-real-estate-investing…/id1100488294
On Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=87335&refid=stpr
Download as an MP3 by right clicking here and choosing “save as”
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!